Saturday, October 24, 2009

< ^_^ >

This week, the subject of honesty over truth came up during one of our class' reading discussions. Lately, I have been thinking about the different ways in which artists can be more honest with their practice. In this week's lecture series, Joseph Park mentioned how admitting to being a painter is a bad thing to do as a contemporary artist. I wonder what other things contemporary artists might be reluctant to admit.

I want to be more transparent as an artist and as a human being in general. I feel like this is something that I have been working on for awhile now but because of my upbringing, my problems with expressing myself through words, and my experience of being a compulsive liar throughout my teens, I can't help but sometimes feel like its a struggle. I feel like a lot of the ideas I have been coming up with as of late are inspired by this struggle.

I found a net artist who has some other quotes on his project website that I feel are related to my obstacle course idea.

No comments: