Saturday, October 3, 2009

some stuff

Lately I have been thinking about games, architecture, and obstacle courses and the different ways that they might tie in to the paintings that I have recently been making. Having moved to my new studio, one of the projects that I have recently started is an upright obstacle course which I can then record myself go through. Thinking about this obstacle course, I don't think that my initial intention is to create a traditional game that has objectives but rather, to create a platform that limits and forces the body to perform a small set of gestures that are informed by the media and tribal rituals. I am still thinking through this. Below are some images that I feel sort of tie in to what I am thinking about.




















Other things that are in the forefront are:
* Sociology of Deviancy elective project that would require a research paper on 3 devious websites and then creating my own (thinking about web 2.0, alter-ego's, bodily fluids, poetry, etc.)
* Thinking about making a set of posters for my upcoming thesis show early sans- actual work and letting the poster content inform the work that I will be doing for the rest of the school year.
* Creating a rabbit suit and performing games with it on.
* Building a food-cart post thesis project.

1 comment:

Derek Bourcier said...

yes! I'm working on a MacGyver piece! That's my dude.