Friday, October 24, 2008

I got a new digital camera




So this is the state of my studio so far. I'm trying to experiment with different types of work, inspirations and themes all at the same time. I have decided that this quarter, I will experiment with just doing work impulsively without really calculating a concrete trajectory. My year out of school, I only made one piece of work and while that piece was a slightly huge piece, I still think that I could have done more if I just stepped out of the same mindset that I had in undergrad. I think that making art in school, it is really tempting to try making work that resonates and pleases the instructors. I don't know. Maybe I lost that driving force once I got out of school and nobody was there to say anything about my work anymore. In anycase, this is just a theory but I would like to see if I can change that. Hopefully, once I am out of this program, I won't have the same problem?

No comments: